WHY IS WATER ESSENTIAL?
- It is a precondition for human, animal and plant life.
- It regulates our climate.
- It is an indispensable resource for the economy.
- The objective of EU is to ensure a sufficent good quality of water.
WHAT IS THE FOCUS?
- To make young people aware of the water issue locally and globally.
- To teach them how simple actions can be taken to reduce water consumption.
WHAT ARE THE AIMS?
- To make students understand the value of clean water in their local environment.
- To develop their knowledge about the importance of water by analysing its role in the past, present and future.
- To enhance responsible attitudes and effective key competences towards the respect of water and our environment.
- To improve our students’ language and intercultural knowledge.
- To make the students from the target group and the community responsible about the problem of water management.
- To identify solutions for environmental problems and water in particular.
- To integrate students in the European society as active participants and potential future decision makers.
- To promote cooperation between young people from different European countries.
- Students in six schools
- Teachers who work with children and youngsters in a language learning/ teaching process.
- People in partner countries (host families, local authorities and etc.)
- Professional who will be involved in a teaching process.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT AND IMPLEMENTATION
- WATER CYCLE
- WATER SUPPLY
- WATER USAGE
- WASTE WATER
- THE RESPECTIVE MANAGEMENT OF WATER IN OUR SCHOOLS.
A formal letter of intention addressed to the Local Authorities about protecting water and explaining our Erasmus Project.
A final evaluation and a DVD with major outputs (including all teaching materials, activities, photos, links etc.)
Exhibition of photographs of different types of irrigation and the landscapes surrounding irrigation systems.
Seminars for students and teachers.
Water conservation booklet.
Conferences with experts ““Where water comes from?”